Kyle’s working on our garage, which means a bunch of our old stuff is out on the patio, which means the kids are getting into a bunch of our old stuff.
Augie’s been bringing me pictures all evening.
Here are a couple from when we went to Disneyland with my Dad six years ago.
– I was about 5 months pregnant with Adelaide in these pictures. Now I’m about 5 months pregnant with our third kid! And we’re going to Disneyland tomorrow.
– My dad bought us Disneyland passports, which we’ve renewed every year since.
– a 1-day, 1-park pass was $66 in 2008. Now it’s $96.
– I was wearing a button up polyester shirt with a pointillist shipyard scene that I bought from an antique store in college. Kyle was wearing a yellow sweatshirt…I think it was American Apparel via the thrift store. It must have been chilly because I’m also wearing a sweater and a Members Only jacket.
– We were so young, so emaciated, so pale, so poor. But we had The Rock (our church), choir, WIC, and each other. And Disneyland passes! (Thanks, Dad.)
– The Submarine Voyage is closed down now.
– I look a lot like my dad, especially with the sun in my eyes.